Deetrio: (verb)

to take a three stepped process towards the truth by way of deliberation, discussion, and discovery.

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Search for facts and opinions

Who's fair game?

Is it fair to target a politician's family when administering substantive criticism? What if the family member is openly speaking out in the political arena; is it fair then? Well, Michelle Obama has been the recent target of politically charged attacks and this raises the ethical concerns. Is this dirty politics? Barack Obama surely thinks so. He's right. It is dirty . Is it unfair? No. Why? You can see my take on the situation in the comment I left for the YouTube Video below.

My Comment on YouTube:
"Maybe Michelle shouldn’t have put herself out there. Stiff competition makes politics a very dirty game and that is unfortunate. I do not advocate political smear attacks. I think they are unnecessary and only distract us from the true issues. Once you decide to put yourself out there, however, sometimes you have to live with the consequences that arise. Michelle is just going to have to deal with it, stay strong, and reconsider her actions the next time she thinks about going public."

Feel free to disagree with me. In fact, I want to know what you think if you do disagree with me. Let's deliberate the facts of the ethics of politics and who is fair game. We'll discuss our various opinions. If I was wrong, I'll discover the truth. Let's deetrio.

No comments:

Search for facts and opinions